Annual General Meeting
The Trustee of University of Westminster Students’ Union (Charity no. 1148216, Company no. 08126776) hereby give notice of a General Meeting to be held on Monday 29th April 2019 at 18:00 hours in LG15-Cayley at Marylebone Campus.
- Welcome and quorum check
- Approve the Notice of the Meeting
- Presentation of the annual accounts
- Presentation of affiliated organisations
- Resolutions to the AGM
- Questions to the Trustees
All students at University of Westminster can attend and vote at the Annual General Meeting providing they have not opted out of membership under the 1994 Education Act. If you are not able to attend you can appoint another person to do so on your behalf (a Proxy).
To do this you must complete the online form at https://www.uwsuforms.co.uk/view.php?id=60526 to arrive no later than 12 Noon on Monday 29th April 2019. Your completed form must include
- Your name
- Your student ID number
- Your student email
- The name of the person you wish to vote on your behalf at the meeting
You may also include instructions on how you wish that person to cast your vote on the Resolution.
Special resolution (requiring not less than 75% of the vote in favour to pass)
IT IS RESOLVED THAT, by way of special resolution, the Articles of Association attached hereto and available online at www.uwsu.com named “Proposed Articles” be approved and adopted as the Articles of Association of the Company in substitution for, and to the exclusion of, the existing Articles of Association, provided that this resolution shall not take effect until the later of:
- the date on which the approval of University of Westminster Students’ Union has been obtained as required by s22(2) Education Act 1994; and
- the date on which either
- the Charity Commission provides its prior written consent to any proposed amendment to the existing Articles of Association which legally requires the prior written consent of the Charity Commission; or
- the Charity Commission confirms that its prior written consent is not legally required for any of the proposed amendments to the existing Articles of Association.
and that the Trustees are hereby authorised to make such amendments to these proposed articles of association as the Charity Commission and/or University of Westminster may require prior to granting their consent.