Information provided on the UWSU website is generally intended to help provide information for members of UWSU and other key interested stakeholders.
Every effort is made to ensure that the information on the UWSU website is accurate and up to date, but from time to time processes, policies, legislation, and services provided may change. UWSU cannot accept responsibility for any loss, damage or inconvenience suffered as a result of using our pages as the information presented is for guidance only.
Should an individual discover inaccurate or out of date content, please contact UWSU on email@example.com and UWSU will endeavor to resolve the issue within 48 working hours.
The terms and conditions for the purchase of event tickets are not always standard and are clearly outlined for each event advertised.
The terms and conditions for the purchase of e-shop products are not always standard and are clearly outlined for each product sold.
The terms and conditions for the purchase of a membership are not always standard and are clearly outlined for each membership available.
The terms of conditions for use of this website are covered fully on this page.
This website links to some third-party information providers who are not affiliated with UWSU. Regardless of whether a third party is affiliated, UWSU has not taken any steps to confirm the accuracy or reliability of any of the information contained in such third parties' websites and does not make any representations or warranties as to the security of any information (including, but without limitation, personal information) an individual might be requested to give to any third party.
Cookies are used on the UWSU site to principally help identify a user’s computer so UWSU can tailor an individual user experience. For more information on what cookies UWSU uses on its website and how please click here.
UWSU takes the protection of personal and sensitive data very seriously. Website users can view the full suite of our data protection processes, practices and policies by clicking here.
Materials contained on this website are subject to copyright and other proprietary rights. UWSU grants permission for the browsing of material it has published on its website pages. It also grants permission to electronically copy and to print in hard copy, portions of any page of this material for personal reference only.
Copyright in all material on this website (unless otherwise indicated) is held by UWSU. The express permission of the copyright holder must be obtained for any use of this material other than for purposes permitted by law.
Images may be captured during events organised and hosted by UWSU using film photography, digital photography, video or other medium and may be used on the UWSU website, UWSU publications or other publicity material and may be provided to the media for publication in local or national newspapers or educational magazines.
In this context, the UWSU informs all persons taking part in UWSU activities that they may be photographed, filmed, videoed or otherwise captured in image form.
Where possible and practical to do so, UWSU seeks written consent to image capture. Where this is not possible for practical reasons, unless express objections are received, individuals attending an event provided by UWSU are deemed to have given their consent by attending or remaining at the event.
Should you wish to contact us about an image used please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
UWSU is a registered trademark along with its logos. Other products and company names mentioned on this website may be the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
UWSU trademarks may only be used in applications approved by the Union. They may not be used in any other context without the express consent of UWSU.
Individual users are required to complete a registration process to access certain restricted content on the UWSU website and are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password.
Individual users are solely responsible and also for all activities which take place under their account and you agree to immediately notify UWSU of any unauthorised use of their password or account or any other breach of security.
In no event will UWSU be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever resulting from the disclosure of an individual’s username and/or password.
Website users may not use another person´s account at any time.
In using the UWSU Website users agree not to:
1. Use the platform to send junk email, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other unsolicited messages, commercial or otherwise.
2. Post, publish, distribute or disseminate material or information that is defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, threatening, abusive, harassing or unlawful.
3. Post, publish, distribute or disseminate material or information that incites discrimination, hate or violence towards any person or group on account of their race, religion, disability, nationality or otherwise.
4. Threaten, abuse, disrupt, stalk or otherwise violate the legal rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
5. Use any information or material in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent or another proprietary right of any party.
6. Make available or upload files that contain a virus, worm, trojan or corrupt data that may damage the operation of the computer or property of another.
7. Collect or store personal information about others, including email addresses.
8. Advertise or offer to buy or sell goods or services for any commercial purpose, unless such communication facility specifically allows such messages.
9. Impersonate any person or entity for the purpose of misleading others.
10. Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
11. Use the website in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the website or interfere with any other party´s use and enjoyment of the website.
12. Post, publish, distribute or disseminate material or information that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships.
13. Attempt to gain unauthorised access to any of the services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the website hacking, password mining or any other means.
UWSU has the right to terminate a user’s access to any or all its online services at any time, without notice, for any reason, including without limitation, breach of this policy. UWSU may also at any time, at its sole discretion, discontinue the website or any part thereof or temporarily restrict access for maintenance work.
UWSU have no obligation to monitor the website but shall be entitled to review materials posted to a communications facility and, at our sole discretion, to remove any material that breaches these terms and conditions or is otherwise objectionable.
The use of the UWSU website is at an individuals own risk and is provided on basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
UWSU will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever (including without limitation loss of business, opportunity, data, profits) arising out of or in connection with the use of the website.
Nothing in this policy shall be construed so as to exclude or limit the liability of UWSU for death or personal injury as a result of the UWSU website.
The contract is between the individual website user and UWSU. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms whether under the contracts (rights of third parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
Due to the political nature of the Union, certain areas of our site allow students and key stakeholders the opportunity to express personal opinions, which in no way relate to the official business, policy or view of UWSU and therefore should be understood as neither given nor endorsed by the Union.
Should you discover inflammatory or offensive content within our Student Voice area (www.uwsu.com/thestudentvoice), please use the report abuse option which will instantly remove the content until it has been reviewed by the Union.
Should you discover a view that is inflammatory or offensive anywhere else upon our site please contact us on email@example.com and we will endeavour to resolve the issue within 48 working hours.
This policy is governed by English law; the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction.