Use Your Voice
What We’re Working On
The first year of representing you has been a journey but one I am ready to do all over again! I am a graduate of International Relations. In my third year of university, I was elected as the Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic (BAME) representation officer where I gained an interest in the Students’ Union which motivated me to run for a full-time role. My involvement throughout my time as a student allowed me to gain the passion to do this role. And here we are today, I am your Vice President of Welfare for another year. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns as I am more than happy to help.
(1) Co-create a cultural competence strategy for all support services.
(2) To ensure that at least 10% black and Asian students voices are listened to in the attainment gap conversation.
(3) Ensure that Muslim students have comfortable place to pray with natural light.
(4) To introduce an online reporting tool for students to report any form of harassment.
(5) To ensure that students have access to a fit and fair mitigating circumstances process.