Hand-Reading for Herbalists: An Introduction to Cheiromancy
Fri 24 May 2019 09:30-18:00
4.106, Cavendish Campus
An Introduction to Cheiromancy
With Dylan Warren-Davis
Places are limited, so please book early. Please ensure you purchase the correct ticket type. ALL EXTERNAL TICKETS HAVE NOW GONE OFF-SALE.
The palmar lines are flow patterns of vital force on the palm. They provide an instant visual image of the quality of the patient’s consciousness that you are dealing with. This one-off introductory seminar specially crafted for herbalists, explains the techniques to make quick, simple, yet profound clinical observations from the palmar lines. Learn why Paracelsus said, “No physician was properly trained
unless they could diagnose from the lines of the palm or from the physiognomy of the body.”
- An historical perspective of hand reading
- An outline of the Hermetic Cosmology of the three worlds and how it relates to the hand
- Elemental hand shapes
- A demonstration of how to make hand prints
- Exploring elemental temperaments and skin textures
- Concepts of balance, harmony and manifestation
- An explanation of the formation of lines on the palm, seen as flows of vital force
- Consciousness as reflected in the lines of the palm
- Individual lines: meanings, origins and endings, length, curvature.
About Dylan Warren-Davis:
As the son of a medical herbalist, Dylan has been exposed to the healing qualities of herbs since early adolescence. He has spent over 30 years researching, teaching and writing about the metaphysical basis of the European herbal tradition. Parallel to his herbal work, Dylan is also a very experienced hand reader. In 1990 his book The Hand Reveals, a complete guide to the European Cheiromantical Tradition, was published. He was also invited to contribute to the Oxford Companion to the Body, a section on Palmistry, published by Oxford University Press.