Art of Physic-Alchemy of Herbs
Sat 25 May 2019 11:00-18:00
4.106, Cavendish Campus
ALL EXTERNAL TICKETS HAVE NOW GONE OFF SALE.
This Workshop will include:
- An historical perspective of alchemy
- The alchemical perspective of herbs
- How the four elements, earth, water, fire and air relate to herbs
- How planetary symbolism has been used to understand diseases, humours and parts of the body
- Planetary signatures within the herbal kingdom - how they are used to understand the uses or virtues of herbs
- Solar herbs: including mistletoe, rosemary and marigold
- Lunar herbs: including willow, chaste tree and wild lettuce
- Mercurial herbs: including fennel, Valerian and lavender
- Martian herbs: including basil, nettle and ginger
- Venusian herbs: including meadow-sweet, yarrow and elder
- Jovial herbs: including dandelion, lime flowers and hyssop
- Saturnine herbs: including comfrey, heartsease and horsetail
- The harvesting of herbs to optimise their virtues
- The importance of this knowledge to contemporary herbal medicine.
About Dylan Warren-Davis:
As the son of a medical herbalist, Dylan has been exposed to the healing qualities of herbs since early adolescence. He has spent over 30 years researching, teaching and writing about the metaphysical basis of the European herbal tradition. Parallel to his herbal work, Dylan is also a very experienced hand reader. In 1990 his book The Hand Reveals, a complete guide to the European Cheiromantical Tradition, was published. He was also invited to contribute to the Oxford Companion to the Body, a section on Palmistry, published by Oxford University Press.