Finding an affordable and ideal student house can be tricky, especially in London. Here is some seasoned advice on how to tackle the tricky student housing market.

Halls of Residence

The University has a number of halls of residences and all provide easy access to our campuses. More information can be found here

Private rented accommodation

If you have been unsuccessful in securing a place in Halls of Residences, or you would prefer to live in private rented accommodation, don’t worry there are plenty of options for you. More information on where to look for private rented accommodation can be found here

Please note that if you are renting privately, you may be asked to pay council tax by your local authority (council). This is separate from your rent which is payable to your landlord. Full-time students are normally exempt from paying council tax and will need to apply to the local authority to be exempt from paying this. More information on who pays council tax and how to apply for an exemption can be found here

Emergency/temporary accommodation

If you find yourself homeless and are in need of a temporary or emergency accommodation rest assured there is help and support available for you. The University’s Student Accommodation team are always on hand to help you with finding a place to stay for a short time. More information can be found here

Other useful contacts:

Shelter Emergency Service (24hrs) via Freephone 0808 800 4444

Get Connected (for homeless people under 25) via Freephone 0808 808 4994, or text 80849

How can we help you?

  1. We can help you understand tenancy agreements/contracts
  2. We can help you in resolving issues with your accommodation and landlord