The University of Westminster Students’ Union is an independent student-led organisation, here to represent your needs, protect your rights and ensure the student voice is heard when important decisions are made on campus.
We also support societies, sports teams and student media groups, offer impartial advice services, organise the biggest events in the university calendar and run bars and shops on campus.
Our new strategy is the culmination of many years of talking to all of our key stakeholders. It has also had input from all the current UWSU team, student surveys, focus groups and it reflects the years of analysis of the NSS results.
The primary object of the SU is the educational advancement of the students at the University of Westminster for the public benefit by:
- Promoting the interests and welfare of students at the University of Westminster during their course of study and representing, supporting and advising them;
- Being the recognised representative channel between students and the University of Westminster and any other external bodies
- Providing social, cultural, sporting and recreational activities and forums for discussion and debate for the personal development of its students.
Our strategy for the next 3 years is:
Read the UWSU Bye Laws
The UWSU challenge is to deliver:
• Students see UWSU as relevant to their student experience and are aware how they can engage with their union
• A commitment to delivering extra curricular experience to any and all students looking to grow
• Independent advice and advocacy for personal and academic needs, Support to develop student led change in the University
• All on campus services should be reviewed in partnership with the University to ensure students are getting the right services and they are value for money